The concept of offsite modular housing is not new, it dates back to the early 1800’s. Today’s modular building technology, whether in timber or steel, is well established, particularly in Northern Europe and Scandinavia.
We provide energy efficient, competitively priced, quality homes built efficiently in a fraction of the time needed for a traditionally built equivalent home.
Our unique combination of panels and volumetric frames uses a hot rolled and light gauge steel structure. Both panels and frames are mass produced to a very high quality and performance standard in our factory.
Our processes are in accordance with ISO 9001 for quality, and ISO 14001 for environmental performance.
The benefits of Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) - such as our system
- Faster build programme
- Improved build quality
- Tackle skills shortage
- Reduce costs, improve profitability
- Improved health & safety
- Fast weathertight envelope
- Improved site efficiency
- Meet sustainable targets
- Material shortages
- Reduce site waste
- Meet planning requirements
- Increase the number of units built
As verified by the NHBC Foundation Report: Modern methods of construction: views from the industry; published June 2016.
Current UK housing supply has consistently failed to meet demand. The latest NHBC output figures show 157,000 new homes being built per annum. With a government target to produce at least 300,000 new homes per annum, there is a significant housing deficit growing year on year. This housing crisis is driven by a number of factors:
- There are already an estimated 1,700,000 people in England on the social housing register.
- According to the government the UK population will increase by 10 million over the next 25 years’.
- Lack of capacity in the traditional construction sector.
- Lack of skilled tradesmen and an ageing construction workforce.
- More people downsizing or needing to live in assisted accommodation.
- Increase in single living.
- Lack of available mortgages for first time buyers.
- Decline in social housing development.
- An increase in net inwards migration.
Modular Residential serves the needs of affordable housing providers, build for rent, later living and open market sales. We can work directly with developers or their appointed contractors.
Our manufacturing methods are designed to capture the efficiencies in volume production. Therefore, we do not invite bespoke projects as they are unlikely to prove cost competitive compared to traditional build methods.